John:3.34 “For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure”
Our Lord Jesus was given the full measure (7 Spirits of the Lord) of the Holy Spirit for His complete obedience to the Father.
Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
Born Again Christian
The Spirit of the Lord will dwell in every Christian as His seal of salvation. As he attends church, reads the Bible, etc. God will then give him the Spirit of wisdom to help him to become a ‘doer of the word’ for faith without works is dead (James 2:20-26).
Deu 15:7 “If there is among you a poor man of your brethren, within any of the gates in your land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart nor shut your hand from your poor brother,”
We must be faithful with the money under our stewardship by giving to the poor, needy, destitute, missions.
Ministries of Christ
Eph 4:7, 11 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.... And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers.
The above teachers, pastor, evangelists, and so on are different from these appointed by God in 1 Cor 12:28.
Servants with 2 Talents
Once a Christian loves God and keeps His words, then our Lord Jesus will baptize him with the Holy Spirit, and God will give him:-
1. Spirit of Understanding – he becomes His anointed teacher teaching only truth from His pure word.
2. Spirit of counsel – he will be able to use His words and truth to counsel, comfort and encourage his sheep as though our Lord Jesus, the wonderful Counsellor has just comforted them. He is His anointed pastor.
These anointed teachers and pastors will disciple, care, nourish, feed, love, comfort, His sheep with truth into His image. These good shepherds run His churches, home cells, charitable homes, Christian groups, ministries, to produce disciples of Jesus.
Servants with 5 Talents
When God needs the gospel to reach unfriendly, hostile, difficult and dangerous areas, He will empower His good shepherds with additional anointing:
3. Spirit of might – he will be able to endure hardship, sufferings, pains, hunger, persecutions, imprisonments, etc. This is His anointed evangelist.
4. Spirit of knowledge of the Lord he understands God and His feelings – His hatred of sin, His disappointment when we reject His love, His pain seeing human suffering in hell, etc. This is His true prophet who knows His heartbeat, plan, will, movement, coming events, etc.
5. Spirit of the fear of the Lord he knows and understands God and the pains and sufferings seeing His children being deceived and being tormented by eternal fire. This is His apostle, who is fearful that he has not been working hard enough nor put enough effort to prevent all these wolves from destroying the faith of Christians with deceptions, false testimonies, heresies, wrong doctrines, demonic and earthly wisdom, worldliness, in today’s churches.
Mat 25:21 “His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ Those faithful to both the 2 and 5 talents received the same rewards.